Early Head Start Calendar 22-23
EHS is a federally-funded program for low–income infants and toddlers, ages birth to 36 months.
- 32 Center-based slots, 6.5 hours per day, five days per week, year round, and 43 slots delegated to Westmoreland Community Action for home based services.
- Experiences and environments enhance children’s physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development.
- Develops and supports the building blocks of skill development and cognitive learning to enhance the path to school readiness.
- Supports parents’ efforts to fulfill their parental roles.
- Helps parents move toward self-sufficiency.
- Offered in Greensburg, Jeannette, and New Kensington sites as well as RK Mellon Elementary, and Laurel Valley Elementary schools through a partnership with Ligonier Valley School District.